Become a Friend of the Sydney Alliance with an Annual Contribution
To survive, thrive and flourish into an uncertain future join us in build strong communities equipped to solve the issues that affect our city most.
A healthy economy and a healthy democracy depends on a healthy civil society.
With your gift, you’ll become part of a dedicated group of supporters that help advance the common good.
Your generous support will help increase our capacity to:
- Train and support key organisers and leaders in our communities. 4000 trained so far!
- Advocate and shape public policy decisions on the issues affecting our city
- Facilitate and support organisations to deliver outcomes for their communities
We work to build strong communities by listening to local concerns, and then training people in how to solve them. Some wins include:
- $21M in emergency accommodation support for vulnerable international students living in NSW during COVID-19
- $6M in emergency funds for temporary migrants and people seeking asylum living in NSW during COVID-19
- $7M in emergency funds nationally for the Red Cross for those excluded from JobKeeper & JobSeeker
- Inclusion of affordable housing provisions in government plans across Sydney's 30-40 local and state government planning agencies meaning hundreds of new affordable homes will be built into the future.
- A new minimum transport standard for citizens across the city
- Local transport and parking wins in Liverpool, St Mary's, Arncliffe and retention of Pensioner Gold Opal cards.
- Community nurse parking permits in the inner west to help nurses help care for people in their homes
- Concession transport, TAFE access and a pilot early childhood education program for people seeking asylum living in Sydney
Joining as a Friend, you will receive:
- Regular updates on our progress and successes
- Invites to Sydney Alliance events
- Invitations to special events hosted by Friends of the Sydney Alliance
Thank you for giving generously to help build a fair, just, and sustainable Sydney!